You can submit requests to PATCHS on behalf of people that you care for provided that the person you are submitting it for is registered at the practice and you are registered as a carer.
- First click on the Make a Request link at the top of the page. This will load the How can we help you? page where you need to click the Someone I care for button.
- This will take you to the Choose Dependent page where you choose a dependent from a list (if they have already been set up) or add someone new by clicking on the Add someone I care for link.
- Clicking the ‘Add someone I care for’ link takes you to the Add Dependents page. You can then enter the details of the person you are caring for, confirm that this person is registered at this GP practice, and that you are authorised to act in the capacity of parent or carer for this person. Then click the Add button.
- Now select the dependent from the Choose Dependent page.
This will take you to the Request Contact page where you can click on the button that best describes your type of request.
- You will then be taken to the PATCHS chatbot where you will be asked a few quick questions to help the GP understand more about your request. Answer each question in turn, using the Submit button when each response is complete.
- If required, you can click the + Button by the text box to add an image or document to your response. This loads the Attach Image or document box where you can select an image or file. You should only upload sensitive images if you are asked by your GP. If it is a sensitive image, you can mark it as such, and then it will not be displayed to anyone except the GP.
- When you have answered and replied to the final question you will be taken to the Request Confirmation page.
- If required, you can edit your responses by clicking the 'Edit' link, changing your response, and then clicking the Save button.
- You can also upload an image. if required, by clicking the 'Add Image or Document' link and selecting your file.
- When you are happy, tick the box to confirm the answers are correct and that you agree for them to be added to your GP record.
- Finally click the Submit button to send your request to the practice. A confirmation email will be sent to you and to the GP practice to respond to your request.
- You can also enter feedback on your experience of PATCHS. This helps us improve the service and identify if there are any problems.
- If you want to check on the progress of your request or you need to respond to a follow up question from the practice, you can click the 'My Requests & Messages' link to view your requests; this also shows past requests. From here you can click the View button next to the relevant request.
- This will display your conversation with the practice and is where you can respond to follow up questions if you are asked to do so by the practice.