What is Assign AI?
As soon as requests are submitted by a patient, if Assign AI thinks it requires review by a clinician it assigns it to the 'Clinical' inbox. From this inbox a receptionist may be able to quicker assign requests to clinicians, or clinicians may work directly from the Clinical inbox to save time. Assign AI's suggestions are meant to assist, not replace clinical judgment. You should therefore still triage and reply to all PATCHS requests ASAP.
You can switch Assign AI on or off from the Unassigned Inbox. Please note, when you switch Assign AI on, it does not send requests already in the Unassigned inbox to the Clinical inbox if they need clinical input. Only new requests submitted by patients after Assign AI has been switched on will be sent.
What are the benefits of Assign AI?
Without Assign AI, initial triage decisions are made by receptionists. Advantages of PATCHS doing this instead are that it is:
- Improves patient safety by speeding up triage decisions, helping requests that need clinician input get reviewed quicker
- Reduces workload by suggesting triage decisions
- Can improve the accuracy of the initial triage because it's learned how to triage from GPs
- Reduces the clinical risk placed on receptionists when triaging by providing suggestions
What should I do if I disagree with a suggestion from Assign AI?
If Assign AI thinks a request needs input from a clinician when it doesn’t (false positive)
- If you are a receptionist, you should not assign it to a clinician, and deal with it yourself.
- If you are a clinician, you should notselect 'Me' when answering the 'Who is most appropriate to resolve this?' question when making a triage decision.
If Assign AI misses a request that needs input from a clinician (false negative)
- If you are a receptionist, you should assign the request to a clinician.
- If you are a clinician, you should select 'Me' when answering the 'Who is most appropriate to resolve this?' question when making a triage decision.
Because PATCHS is constantly learning, this will help it correct its mistakes in future.