What are AI Early Adopter sites?
Early Adopter sites are forward-thinking GP practices that try Patchs AI modules before anyone else. The following AI modules are currently available to Early Adopters:
What are the benefits of being an Early Adopter site?
- You get to use the AI modules before anyone else and therefore experience their benefits sooner.
- You can shape how the AIs are designed to suit your needs.
- Urgency AI can improve patient safety by helping you identify urgent requests and prioritise your workload quicker.
- Assign AI can improve patient safety by helping you identify requests that need clinician input quicker.
- Both Urgency AI and Assign AI support those making initial triage decisions (usually receptionists), thereby reducing their workload and improving triage accuracy.
- Mental Health AI speeds up consultations and reduces workload by automatically asking patients to complete PHQ-9 and GAD-7 where appropriate, thereby improving care quality by ensuring all patients get assessed in a standardised way.
What is required if you join the Early Adopter programme?
- Attend 1 training session on how to use the AIs (20-30 mins) and sign an Early Adopter agreement
- Attend 1-2 follow up meetings to give your feedback (20-30 mins each, 2 people expected to attend - ideally a clinician e.g. GP and non-clinician e.g. receptionist)
- Volunteer 3 members of staff to be interviewed by researchers from The University of Manchester about their experiences using the AIs (20-30 mins)