F2F AI is currently only available to our Early Adopter sites. If you'd like to become an Early Adopter site please let us know through the 'Give feedback' button when logged into Patchs.
What is F2F AI?
F2F AI suggests which patients may need a face-to-face or in-person consultation. For example, patients that may need a physical examination. It does this by showing a 'people' icon against the request in the inbox, and pre-populating the 'actions' triage decision for you. F2F AI's suggestions are meant to assist, not replace clinical judgment. You should therefore still triage and reply to all PATCHS requests ASAP.
Triage decision view
What are the benefits of F2F AI?
The idea of F2F AI is that you may wish to book these patients in directly for a face-to-face appointment, rather than dealing with them remotely first via Patchs or telephone. This could:
- Avoid workload duplication by reducing the number of contacts you have with the patient for the same request
- Improve patient safety by seeing patients that need an in-person appointment quicker
- Help prioritise your workload by highlighting which patients need an in-person consultation
- Reduce cognitive burden on you having to make make decisions about whether patients need an in-person appointment or not on your own
What should I do if I see a suggestion from F2F AI?
If you agree with the suggestion made by F2F AI then you should leave the 'See patient face-to-face' option checked. If you disagree with the suggestion please untick the option. Because PATCHS is constantly learning, this will help it correct its mistakes in future.
What should I do if I disagree with a suggestion from F2F AI?
- If F2F AI incorrectly suggests a patient needs a face-to-face consultation that doesn't, you should untick the 'See patient face-to-face' option in your triage decision.
- If F2F AI misses a patient that needs a face-to-face consultation, you should tick the 'See patient face-to-face' option in your triage decision.
Because PATCHS is constantly learning, this will help it correct its mistakes in future.