What is Urgency AI?
Urgency AI makes suggestions about the urgency of patients' requests. As soon as requests are submitted by a patient, PATCHS flags whether or not it thinks the request is urgent. These are suggestions meant to assist, not replace, your clinical judgment. You should therefore still triage and reply to all PATCHS requests ASAP.
What are the benefits of Urgency AI?
Without Urgency AI, initial triage decisions are made by receptionists. Advantages of PATCHS doing this instead are that it is:
- Improves patient safety by speeding up triage decisions, helping urgent requests get reviewed quicker
- Helps prioritise your workload by highlighting which requests may need reviewing first
- Reduces workload by suggesting triage decisions
- Can improve the accuracy of the initial triage because it's learned how to triage from GPs
- Reduces the clinical risk placed on receptionists when triaging by providing suggestions
How does Urgency AI work?
See this article for more information.
What should I do if I see a suggestion from Urgency AI?
If you agree with the urgency suggestion made by Urgency AI then there's no need to do anything - just process the request as you would normally. If you disagree with the suggestion made by Urgency AI you should simply change the triage decision. Because PATCHS is constantly learning, this will help it correct its mistakes in future.