When you receive an 'Invitation to set up PATCHS at your practice' email you should follow the click here link.
This will allow you to create your user account and set up your practice on PATCHS.
n.b. the link is only valid for 24 hours, after which time you will need to request a new invitation from the team at Advanced.
- confirm that you have read and agree to the GP Staff End User Licence agreement
- (optionally) acknowledge the research statement
And then click the submit button to take you to the page where you can complete your admin user details.
Admin user details
Complete your user details and click the Register button
You should then proceed to setting up your practice details
Step 1 Enter practice details ..
Update if necessary and complete the following information for your practice
- Practice name* - this will be displayed on your practice's PATCHS landing page and to staff and patients when they are logged into PATCHS
- Unique code which shows in the web address for your practice In the example shown above (unique code - bayviewmedicalpractice), the URL of the practice's PATCHS landing page would be: https://patchs.ai/practice/bayviewmedicalpractice/
- Practice email address - this is the NHS email address that is used to receive electronic correspondence into Docman
- Practice telephone number - this will be used by PATCHS whenever the patient is being advised to contact the practice by telephone
- Opening hours - this (free text) information is displayed whenever PATCHS advises patients of the practice's opening hours
The Organisation Code is for information and is the ODS code for your practice. If the code needs to be updated you should contact the Advanced support team.
... Practice details
- Number of working hours after which the patient should call the practice..*
This will be used by PATCHS to advise patients how long they should wait to telephone you if they haven't received a response to their request.
- Maximum number of requests patients can submit each day.
Count how many clinicians will be working on PATCHS each day, and how many clinical requests you want each of them to receive. For example, three GPs working on PATCHS each day receiving 20 requests per day = 60.
When the maximum number of clinical requests has been reached in a day, patients won't be able to submit any new clinical requests and will be advised to contact the practice by telephone if their request is urgent.
Clinical requests are:
- New health problems
- Existing health problems
Count how many non-clinical staff will be working on PATCHS each day, and how many non-clinical requests you want each of them to receive. For example, two receptionists GPs working on PATCHS each day receiving 20 requests per day = 40.
When the maximum number of non-clinical requests has been reached in a day, patients won't be able to submit any new non-clinical requests and will be advised to contact the practice by telephone if their request is urgent.
Non-clinical requests are:
- Medication requests
- Admin requests
- Landing page message here is where you can add a message that a patient sees when they navigate to your practice's Welcome to PATCHS page. It can be left blank at this stage and updated later from the landing page section of the practice details page.
Step 2 Your Role
Select your role at the practice (and optionally your professional registration number) and click Register
Step 3 Inviting GPs and Staff
Invite staff user
- Enter the NHS email address of the person you want to invite to use PATCHS
- Enter their role at your practice e.g. GP, prescriber, receptionist
- Click ‘Invite’
You should repeat this process for all staff you want to invite as part of the initial practice registration process.
Other colleagues can be invited from the 'manage staff' page as described here.
Staff user completes their registration details
The staff user will receive a PATCHS invitation email with a registration link. When they follow the link they will be asked to complete their registration details.
The staff user should complete all mandatory fields and Register.
A registration confirmation email with validation link will then be sent - following the link will confirm the registration and log the user into PATCHS