If you see this message it means your GP practice has chosen to limit the number of PATCHS requests they receive today. This could be because:
- The practice is closed, for example it is outside their normal working hours or it's a bank holiday.
- There are staff shortages, for example due to sickness.
- They have been particularly busy, for example dealing with medical emergencies.
- They have just started using PATCHS and are trialling it with a small number of patients first.
What should I do if I see this message?
- Your GP practice should be available for PATCHS requests when they are next open, so if you can wait until then, please use PATCHS when they are next open.
- If you need help today and your practice is open, please telephone them for help.
- If you need help today and your practice is closed, please telephone 111 or visit 111.nhs.uk.
What should I not do if I see this message?
If your practice is still available for certain types of requests please use them correctly. For example, if your practice is still available for medication or admin requests, do not use this option to ask for help with a health problem. This is because requests are automatically prioritised according to which option you choose, and may not be seen in time for GP practice staff to help you.